Australia is home to about 1300 different known species of ants with the most familiar ones including:
- Argentine ants
- Bull ants
- Carpenter ants
- Funnel ants
- Garden ants
- Pavement ants
While most ants commonly found in our homes don’t carry diseases on their own, we don’t know where they come from. Therefore, it is best that they not be left unattended if they manage to enter your home. To ensure that you do not run into this issue, there is a number of steps you can take but before that, keep in mind that not all ants are harmless. A small subset of ants, such as the bull ants, are capable of biting and causing you a significant amount of pain. So before you choose to get too close or deal with an ant infestation on your own, make sure you know what type of ant you are dealing with. Moreover, if you start seeing a lot of winged ants (called alates) after it rains in the spring or summer time, there’s a high chance that there are quite a few ants lurking around your house.
What you can do
The first step is to properly identify the type of ant that you’re dealing with. You can deal with some types of ants, such as garden or black ants on your own. A semi strong insecticide coupled with the following best practices will help you make your house ant-free very quickly. However, if you’re dealing with ants that have a reputation of being nasty or the infestation is one you believe you cannot get rid of, contact us immediately.
The best practices to follow include:
- Keep your worktops clean and residue free
- Make sure that there are no crumbs lying around – this one’s especially important if you have children in the house!
- Cover up and seal any food items that could potentially attract ants
- If you notice ants coming inside your house, track the entry point and seal it off
- Ants lead other ants by leaving a pheromone trail so make sure to clean all surfaces that they have been in contact with by using soap
- Don’t leave trash (of any kind) lying around because ants will not hesitate even for a second before diving into the nearest pile of trash
We reiterate, make sure that you clean all surfaces the ants have been in contact with if you do not decide to get help from us or any other experts. This is imperative as the ants will leave a trail of pheromones which can lead an entire colony to that sugar pot on your kitchen counter.
What we offer
We ensure sophisticated application of insecticide to eliminate the ant colony. There are different methods of application including spray and gel to control Ant’s infestation.